Wednesday, October 27, 2004

 

Marat wins the Madrid Masters Series!!! :)

Sunday, Oct 24, 2004
Madrid

Final: Safin def. Nalbandian 6-2, 6-4, 6-3

Good luck for Masters Cup qualification! Kesian Marat, lepas Madrid, immediately to St Petersburg, then to Paris, before a week's rest before Houston Masters Cup. Hehe, mcm confident je Marat qualify :)


The Power of Tennis! Madrid Masters Series promo posters


Clenched fist upon securing the Madrid Masters Series title. Go go Safin!!! :)


Flying kiss to the crowd


Congrats Marat! Good to see you back to winning ways!!! :)


Kissing his trophy


Sprayed with champagne by the models who replaced the regular ball boys/girls.

Ode to Marat... hehehe...

A pic I found online just now. Comelnyaaaa....



Safin chatting online. Comelnyaaaaaaa! Hehehe.. Oh no.. I am not going to tennis tournaments anymore!! Unless he comes to Thailand though, hehe.

Andre will always be no. 1 and irreplacable, but Safin is my pelapis once Andre is gone. Federer has a complete game but he is too perfect mcm Sampras. I find them kinda boring, hehe. But I definitely prefer Federer over Sampras.

Safin sure reminds me of the younger Andre Agassi. Both are very enigmatic. You just don’t know what to expect from them most times! Talent-wise, both are very talented, but adusss…. kenapalah suka take their own sweet time. Rebellious and tak serious. Kdg2 tu, main2 je. Padahal, should’ve won more titles than they already have, if they had applied themselves. But I guess all the drama supporting them is what endears me to them.

I mean, who can forget Andre's dress sense!! All the looks he sported... The pirate, the jeans, the dangling earings, the bandanna, the pink outfit, yellow, lime green, painted nails, blond hair? hehehe.. Mcm2 adaaa....

The ups and downs supporting Andre... Oh wow.. The joy when he won Wdon 92! Then a dip in form. Then he won US Open 94 continued with Oz Open 95. 1996 he had a pretty good year but I was soo disappointed to see him lose to Becker in Wimbledon that year. I was gutted!!! Just gutted!! Later, a dip in form lagi. Watched him lose to Doug Flach in the Graveyard Court (Court no.2) in 1st or 2nd round of Wdon in 1999. I was there at the gate of Court 2 and he walked in front of me, with a despondent look. Sedih sgt. Then the sheer joy of winning French Open 1999! In an intense 5 sets lagi. Siap ngan added tension of rain delay. I still remember watching at my apartment in London. Jantung masa tu rasa mcm nak meletup dah, tak tahan tension, hehe.. And his comeback since that... From the bottom of my heart, I respect you Andre. You sure did it your way. To achive what you are doing now, at your age, being recently married with young kids, I know it's a lot of work, sacrifice and commitment. Your legs might not be as fast as before, but you sure make up for it with a lot of heart and u sure sweat your assets! Experience, strategy, and more free points with your serve. I want you to relax, enjoy family life Andre, yet it's gonna be hard not to see you playing tennis anymore! And it's also hard to see you getting beaten more and more... Sigh...

Safin pulak... How he took the tennis world by storm, beating Sampras good in US Open final 2000. Awesome stuff!! The sadness and emptiness I felt when he lost to Johansson in Oz Open 2002. Aaarghhh!!!! Dah le it was his birthday that day!! Dambaan Pilu betul!!! The agony seeing him play like shite after his injuries.... And the optimism seeing him make it to the Oz Open 2004 final.... letihhhh betul... rollercoaster, rollercoaster.. hehehe.. It just makes the wins all the more sweeter..

I noticed they both seem to do well in Oz Open. Andre winning in Oz 4x, and Safin making to finals twice.

Gosh.. it's late! I need to sleep :)

All the best Marat. I hope u learn your lesson from Andre. Don’t wait till it’s too late to appreciate how much you enjoy tennis! Keep on playing. Just watching you play makes me smile :)



<< Home