Tuesday, November 30, 2004

 

Jom Raya Za8FC

Monday, 29 Nov 2004
Dewan Berjaya, Bt Kiara Equestrian Resort
7.30pm++

Better a late posting than never huh? :) Been swamped by work lately - out of office n late nights. Now, PC lak buat hal!

My division Raya gathering was on the same day (3-6pm) so it was quite a tiring/eventful day! As I was in the organising committee of the division Raya gathering (LCAD Open Hse), I was at Mandarin Oriental by 10am. Was already full with the good food at MO that I didnt eat anything at Za8FC Gathering. Masa dah nak habis (11pm) baru makan buah and one or two kuih.

I wore orange at the LCAD Open Hse but after a long day, I needed to change. So I was non-orange at Jom Raya, but luckily some were non-orange as well. Phew! :)

Very small hall, so pretty small audience n that was really good. Takdelah berebut2 sgt nak bergambar ngan Zahid. He wore orange, of course - the baju raya yg Za8FC members tempah especially for him.

Nana was our guest MC and wore a real pretty orange top. Rambut dia dah panjang and she straightened it. I thought she looked really nice.

Bob n Farah were present too. They sang a duet - 'Seloka Hari Raya', if I'm not mistaken. Only Umi were present among the AF teachers. She brought along her two daughters.

Was hoping to see Abg Indra, Za8's bro in law, but he was not present. I also missed his younger sister. She left early as she had a show/singing gig. It was nice to see his parents and his uncle from Teluk Intan. His uncle actually waved to me from far. I was so touched he remembered me. When I went to his table for a chat he asked what my full name was and he said.. Saya panggil 'Iz' lah ye? Haha.. That's what Zahid calls me so that's pretty cool. I think his uncle is so sporting. He happened to be there because he had a course to attend and was driving back to Teluk Intan after the gathering. Urgent matters - SPM BM papers to mark! :)

Also chatted with Shikin, Za8's 2nd oldest sister. This was during the Za8FC 'Fun Factor' so I can't say much about that event! But suffice to say, from the bottom of my heart, I salute those who participated. I would never be able to eat sebiji telur mentah and drink half a cup of kicap!! Eeek!! And to plonk my face in a plate of flour to retrieve sweets with just my mouth? Habis le baju aku nanti! :)

For those who weren't present, the 'Fun Factor' was a race against time to complete the following tasks:

Zahid n Bob participated but sadly, only one pic from my camera as I was talking with Kak Shikin during the event. Congrats to Jismin for winning the Fun Factor! :)

There was also a ketupat weaving competition which Nana n Cikgu Fauziah Nawi's daughters took part. Table Zahid tak join sbb tak reti :)

Btw, isn't anak buah favourite Za8 (Adam) soo cute? I took a pic of him and he immediately wanted to take a look. He knew how to browse through the pictures too. He was busy pushing buttons to see other pics and when he saw the picture of his baby brother he said "Adik!" :) Adam's baby bro, Akil was such a good baby. Putih melepak anak2 kak Shikin. Za8's eldest sis (Kak Nor) was working on that day I think, so tak dpt tgk her baby girl.

Towards the end, Za8FC presented Za8 with a giant Raya card. Mmg cantik. And yang bestnya, the card was so packed with words sampai tak cukup tempat nak tulis. My short message was signed as 'Iz MMA'. When he was reading the card onstage he looked at me (I was sitting 2 tables behind) and mouthed out 'Iz MMA??' to which I just nodded back :)

He sang for us 'Satu Hari Di Hari Raya'. Also sang 'Cek Mek Molek' after a change of his sampin position. Lebih comfortable to gelek, I guess! :) (Dari dipinggang, diselempang across his bahu) He later changed to a very colour co-ordinated outfit (matching blue-yellow shoes, cap and shirt) to sing 'Milikku'.

Pics at http://community.webshots.com/user/AF2_Pics_2



<< Home