Monday, September 27, 2004

 

Anugerah ERA 2004

Saturday, 25 Sept 2004
Stadium Putra, Bukit Jalil

Last year was my 1st experience attending Anugerah ERA. 10 tahun lebih tak pegi Genting Highlands, sampai jua akhirnya. Semuanya gara2 demam Vince and AF!! :)

When I first heard that AE was to be moved to Bt Jalil, I was quite skeptical but it turned out good. Both were memorable experiences in their own way.

Last year I was on the 3rd row from the stage and sat near the announcer’s booth. Hence, after the winning artiste descended the rostrum, terus pegi attack, hehe. I also braved the wind and cold (at Genting) to watch the red carpet which was a lot of fun.

This year, I actually stayed put at my seat and tak pegi tgk red carpet. Tak berani keluar sbb ticket sebenarnya kat tempat lain, hehehe. Takut kalau keluar tak dpt masuk balik ;) But this year berani sikit move around the floor and paling best, dpt pass attend the ‘Post Award Party’.

Mmg sayang tak dapat tgk red carpet. Tak dpt amik gambar Zahid at red carpet. Gambar Vince in his urban batik shirt pun takde. Apasal baju Vince tu colour mcm flag Msia ye? Hehehe... Merah, biru, putih. Kuning je takde :) I thought he shouldn’t have tucked in his batik shirt. He looked sooo skema! Apparently, it was the boutique assistant that instructed him to tuck it in (he told me later).

I was seated with SM (press!!) and Javard. SM n Bad, thanks for the VIP tickets. Javard, thanks for successfully ushering us both to the F section :-) Nice meeting you. Should’ve asked you to introduce me to VE at the Post Award Party. My fave is Zaf, Lah being my 2nd favourite. Btw, Lah looks good in his new short hairdo. What a suprise!!

Masa mula2 sampai, terus bumped into Zahid’s parents at the entrance. Sempat snap one picture with Aunty. Also met Zahid’s anak buah. Muka mcm Zahid! : ) Dalam dewan sblm award start, sempat jumpa miss pres KSNM.

Zahid pulak, mmg tgk on screen je during red carpet. Sedih sgt tak pegi red carpet!!! My first comment on seeing Zahid: "Mana batiknya???" Hehehehe...

I can’t believe I didnt realize it, but he was actually seated just 5 seats in front of me! Sabar je lah! I noticed him after someone took a picture with him. I waited till the next advert break before I went over to say hi. I just took one picture (just of him alone) cos I didnt really want to bother him.

He showed me where the ‘batik’ was in his outfit. Kat jeans and jacket dia ada ditampal motif2 corak batik. Mmg tak perasan sbb kecik benor. Itu je lah time dpt borak ngan Zahid sbb I didnt go to the Post Award Party immediately after the show ended. When I arrived at the Post Award Party, bumped into Zahid who was already making his way out. Dia balik awal sbb the next day ada show di KDCA Penampang Sabah with a few other AF2 stars. No wonder I didn’t see any of the AF2 kids at the Post Award Party. But who knows, maybe they were all at the Party for awhile much earlier.

Actually, I tak perasan sgt pun where did the AF2 stars sat in the hall except for Zahid, Farah, Adam and Bob. Among the AF2 stars, besides Zahid, I managed to talk to Farah and Kaer je.

Farah remembers me. Dia ckp, "Eh, kakak ni!!" haha. As usual, nak tolong kawan, tak mention my name but said "Yup, saya kawan SM" hehehehe.

I spoke with Kaer during the final performance by Anuar Zain, Ning, Misha and Glenn. I expected Kaer to sing along to ‘Januari’ but he didn’t. I thought he looked good that night. Very nice shirt he had on. Colourful habis. Hanya baju Aznil je boleh kalahkan baju Kaer kot, hehe.

In my opinion that night, the best dressed male that night was Aznil. The worst? Jehan Miskin perhaps. I didnt like his outfit at all. Ewwwwwwwwww!!! :-) As for the girls, I thought Nana was the best dressed. Even wig dia pun cantik :-)

I also spoke to Burn, Sahri, Adi and Vince and his family during the award show. Wah, family Vince semua pakai baju Tom Abg Saufi. Baju Vince masa perform was by Key Ng though. I thought the Key Ng baju was a bit weird. It made his thighs look big! Padahal Vince dah kurus byk!!! To me, his hair was too blond for my liking, didnt really like the style. Preferred his hair during the Vince FC Gathering. Simple and nice!

Adi told me that he and Sahri reads my blog. Walalala.. Ni mesti kerja Haks ni!! Adusss... Hahahahhaha. Sahri, get well soon ok. I hope your leg heals asap. Adi, siap le kau, gambar kau ngan Saiful (Malaysian Idol) aku akan publish disini, muahahahhaha.. Don’t you guys think they look alike? Dua2 cute :) Saiful tu mmg le so comel, hehehe. He told me that BMG has already offered him a recording contract. Bertuah sungguh dia : )

Also met Juan Danza from URS. He came over to say hi and to tell me that the latest URS is out. So Zahid fans, go get your copy. Tak sure lah gambar KSNM mana yg depa print.

Ok.. back to AE04...

I thought the set of AE04 was much better than last year's. Besar and mmg creative way of adhering to the urban batik theme. The hydraulic podium may look canggih and different, but at best was perhaps impractical. Wasting time! Too Phat loncat je, hehe. Luckily, mangsa kesilapan teknikal (Kavita Kaur) tu tinggi, so langkah dia panjang :-)

The results were definitely suprising. I am not so bothered by it as I was so happy that Misha won best female vocal and Vince Most Promising Artist. I am soo happy for Misha. She wore orange didn’t she? Hehehehe :)

Sham Kamikaze wore orange too. Dia ni mcm suka colour orange je I nampak. Happy sgt he remembered me from rehearsal Konsert Reunion! :) Tak sia2 aku jerit nama kau sejak dari Konsert Reunion AF1 : )

Anyway, back to the results....

After the initial shock results I predicted (in jest) for Nassier Wahab, Noraniza Idris & Liza Hanim to win. Betul pulak tu, hahaha. So masa Kategori Artis Harapan tu, I was like "Don’t tell me Haiza Rani is gonna win it!!!?" I was expecting to hear Khai’s name so what a shock when it was in fact Vince. Happynya!!! It was so nice to see him unabashedly displaying his joy at bagging the title. As a Chinese in a predominantly Malay market, this is a big deal as it is voted by the fans. Surely it can’t be JUST his fans voting for him. It has to be the general public as well. Vince has worked hard since AF1 and is such a disciplined person, he really deserved it. Well done Vince and his BFs! :)

I felt for a lot of my friends who are ardent Anuar Zain fans. I pun kinda sad Resh tak menang for Local English Artist. To the artists expected to win, but didnt, I see this as a good reminder for them to not be content with their success, but to continue to improve.

Overall, bar the surpising results, I enjoyed myself and found the performances entertaining. Top 3 for me were VE, Zahid/Sarah and Ruffedge. Special mention for the invited artiste from Spore and Indonesia, Hazrul and Glenn. Great vocals. Hazrul has lost weight, hasn’t he? He looked real good in his outfit. I asked Burn who was taller between the two. Definitely Hazrul, hehehe.

Ruffedge’s outfit really impressed me. As usual, they went all out. They looked really sharp! Loved the Zorro look by Azan. Amer Munawer (my fave RuffEdge member) looked great with the pirate styled headgear. Zain looked dashing in his aviator sunglasses and pilot like suit. Pretty good improvisation with the dikir, but as too many people were singing sometimes the vocals became a bit inconsistent/messy. I would’ve loved to see them perform "Bila Rindu" but as an opener, "Goyang" was more appropriate.

My fave performance though has got to be VE’s. Most people probably imagined the AF2 kids singing this song instead but I didn’t. In my opinion the AF2 stars didnt do quite a good job singing ‘Party Like This (Ooh Ooh Ooh)’. The AF1 kids though mmg pukul habis lagu ‘Khayalan’ tu! If I hear ‘Khayalan’, I will definitely imagine the AF1 stars performing it. Who can forget that ‘look’ between Liza and Vince! Hehehehe...

The intro to ‘Party Like This (Ooh Ooh Ooh)’ reminded me a bit of Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation 1814. They really pulled out all the stops, didnt they? With the brass band, with the kids, the breakdancing, the simple yet fun choreography, the slow mo dance routine, the marionette moves, the blonde and cacak2 hair (and Lah’s SHORT hair!!!), the FCUK outfit. Amboi amboi amboi Lah! He kept gesturing to the FCUK letters while singing the song, hehehe. VE, I really salute you guys. Well done!!

I mmg respect VE and Ruffedge because they always put on a big effort in improvising their songs during award shows and they really plan out their wardrobe. I also love the way they interact with their fans. They dont just answer fans questions, they actually borak with them. They really treat their fans like they know them, siap tanya the fans lak questions.

Zahid and Sarah’s performance pulak? Pretty darn good! :) Those Heely’s roller shoes rocked man!!! I know Zahid must’ve gotten the idea to use them from a certain Malay Mail journalist who is always wearing them. :-) I liked Zahid’s performing outfit. Siapa sponsor ye? I prefer to see his hair, but at least this time he wore a hat instead of a snowcap - something different. Zahid was charismatic as always onstage. Great energy level. Loved it when he starts doing his dance moves, and especially loved it when he strolled around with those Heely’s. I was very impressed that his vocals ‘maintain’ throughout the high energy performance. He definitely moved around much more than in the AF2 finals and this time round, much better vocal control.Well done Zahid!

I’m a M Nasir fan so it was so nice to see him perforrming. Anuar Zain’s vocal was much better compared to Juara Lagu. Takde pitching lari at all. Adam’s rap for Dayang was good. His rapping was clear and he looked so cute doing his dance moves. Good job Adam!

The combo of the AF2 girls with Juliza Adlizan was not that convincing. Maybe because the AF2 girls were mainly playing back-up / stage-fillers. ‘Kuda Hitam’ was ok, but ‘Raikan Malam Cinta’ was a bit messy. Juliza sang well and looked very hyper, didn’t she? Siap menjerit lagi at the end of the song, hehe. Farah’s baju was really nice but I thought Nurul was the best looking AF2 girl. Baju dia so sweet (dah le colour Zahid!! Orange and putih) and her hair looked the way it was during her audition for AF2.

I wished Vince sang ‘Killer Smile’ instead as it’s a fast number. That song requires Reefa to rap with him so I understand why he didnt choose to do that song. Nanti I suggest dia suruh Zahid rap kan, hehehe.. If forced to pick my least favourite song in Vince’s album, I’d say ‘Andai Kau Mengerti’ actually. He had 1 or 2 pitching problems but overall, still good.

At the Post Award Party, the first thing I looked for was food, hahahaha. The pita bread was soo good! :-) As Zahid had already left, and I already met Sham Kamikaze and Vince earlier, orang yang dicari adalah Amer Munawer Ruffedge n Zaf VE. Amer still remembers me - impressive!! Btw, Mode was in the audience, a few seats ahead of mine but didn’t see him at the Post Award party pulak. Amer said that it was a surprise for them to see him too and that Mode will be returning to Australia again.

Gambar ngan Cikgu Ramli MS pun ada, hahaha. Dream, gambar ni kena tunjuk kat Nisa, hehehe. Cikgu Ramli was puffing a cigar, and looking nice in green. Tu bukan colour peminat Mas ke? Hehe :) When I passed my camera to Chail to take a picture with him, I dropped my camera. Semua org was like.. "Adussss..." I replied back "Cikgu Ramli, saya tak main le campak2 marker.. Campak camera terus!" He replied something along the lines "Lagi dahsyat kamu ni! Kalah aku." Teringat kat Wink and his marker pens : )

Dream, when I took pics with Anuar Zain (so accommodating to his fans) I thought of you girl! :)

I paling byk borak ngan Burn, Vince and his family lah at Post Award party tu. Semua happy dgn kemenangan Vince. When I saw the trophy near Vanessa’s seat, cepat2 panggil Vince suruh posing with the award sbb nak upload for his YG. Bergambar lah sekali ngan trofi tu. My goodness, beratnyaaaa!!! 5kg Vince kata!!! Hehehehe..

Oklah folks, ni dah panjang bebenor ni!! I’ll upload some of the pics to the blog soon. I’ve uploaded 99% of my AE04 pics in my webshots. Missing picture - with Zain Ruffedge sbb dlm kat kamera Chail. So if you wanna see the pics click on the My AF2 Stalking Pics link on the right hand side of the blog.

P/s: Familliar face spotted : One of M.A.C.’s make-up artiste was the award holder - Syida from MAC KLCC! :)



<< Home